This idea of lacking imagination sticks with me. The church of Laodicea was given a message.
"I know our works and what you are doing; you are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were cold or hot! So, because you are lukewarm and neither hot nor cold, I will spew you out of My mouth."--Rev. 3: 15-16
Lukewarm is defined as having little enthusiasm or conviction. Having no imagination, it is a cousin to lukewarmness. It is as if at times I catch myself just moving through life. Doing the next thing without much thought.
I drink things lukewarm and I get a better picture of what the message means. Lukewarm drinks do not refresh nor comfort. Sometimes it is better to drink nothing at all. Lack of imagination does the same.
I repent...for not being cold towards the sin in my life...for lacking imagination to believe that with Him all things are possible.
No comments:
Post a Comment