
50...the ten year old who makes us complete.
51...slides, the lazy river, and water
We head home, the birthday boy and his three friends. The call comes...my mom warning us that the electricity is out. No lights or television...no hot water for bathing. We scramble through the house lighting candles, finding flashlights. The boys search out electronics that are charged and ready to play. I go to the closet with my flashlight shining and reach out to flip on the switch. Why did I do that I ask? There is a reason I am holding the flashlight and yet somewhere there is still a disconnect.
It is a short journey to disconnection. Ingratitude paves the way. The rest of the week when I reach for a switch I am grateful...
52...for electricity
53...little boys who turn inconvenience into an indoor camp out
54...young faces dimly lit by video games
"But I will give repeated thanks to the Lord, praising Him to everyone."
--Psalm 109: 30
No comments:
Post a Comment