A day planned for rest...to take it easy, hang out with my family after a hard week at camp. I thought I would do the laundry and cook a good meal.
Pain changed the plan. Everything has become difficult...shoe tying, bending over, normal activities a strain. And so I lay on the couch asking for help with the things I usually do myself. This is not easy...frustrated to need all this help.
One day of rest turns into two maybe more. Is there a teaching in this? Some lesson to be learned while I heal?
Just last week the help I gave provided me strength...stepping past the fear of rejection to offer that which was needed.
This week I must step past pride to accept the help I need. The giving and taking is the way of Christ, for He gave His life to take away the sin of the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment