
In the movie she has this flash back of Jesus falling as a young child. She picks him up and holds him in her lap to comfort him. I guess I had never really thought about the horror those who loved him went through at the time of his crucifixion. I considered them to be just another group of spectators in the crowd.
It was so much more. Those that loved Jesus, the eleven, his brothers and sisters...his own mother...their hearts must have been ripped out while they watched. They were not like Jesus. The did not understand that this was just the beginning...to them...it was the end.
Throughout the movie I was moved by Mary's strength and commitment. He speaks to her from the cross and I cannot believe she is there. How can a mother watch and still...how can she not...be there for Him? It challenged me to take a look at my own desire to follow Him. Could I go to the length Mary did in loving Jesus? Would I follow Him in the terrible times as well as the good?
Lord, I want to love you like Mary did. My heart's desire is to love you more...with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength...amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment