Friday, March 15, 2013

Journey to the Cross

This Lenten season has been a little different for me.  Instead of fasting for a season I decided to give things away permanently...a purging so to speak.  The call to give has taken on many forms...some material...some emotional...still some things not making much sense at all.  And yet I still ask, "Lord, what can I give today?"

My friend tells me of this journey they take each Sunday afternoon through the stations of the cross at her church...14 points along the journey Jesus experienced.  I asked to go along wanting to check it out...see what this worship is all about. I follow the one with the cross, a member of the congregation.  I listen and recite the liturgy, bowing my head, in awe of the way Jesus took for me.

The words in the little book of liturgy say this is a prayer journey. A time of contemplation and it only takes an hour and I want more...more than an hour...

I hear a gentle calling...back to these pages.  The place where my own journey first took the form of words typed on a screen.  What could rend a heart more than watching one pour out grace for each of us?  I invite you along for this journey...a two week contemplation on each of the "stations".  These words, they are my giving as we near the end of this season.  A giving of stuff doesn't seem quite as hard as this gift.  Laying my heart wide and putting it into words seems tougher.  Inviting you along...even tougher.

Want to journey with an e-mail delivered to you each morning?  All you have to do is type your e-mail on the "follow by e-mail" found on this page.  In the end, on the fourteenth day, when Jesus is laid in the tomb...I am reminded that the journey is not at all about the Friday called good.  Nope, it's about the Sunday Jesus saves the world.






No comments:

Post a Comment