Thursday, August 29, 2013

Revelling...

I come to day seven in my new devotional and there is nothing to study on this day. The writer has designated the seventh day of study as God Encounters. My assignment is to review and reflect and even revel in the ways God has revealed himself to me these last six days.

I decided in a moment to skip it. Let's move forward. I am ready for the next lesson.

This transition in our lives brings me to tears at the strangest times. Yesterday was one of those days. No specific trigger or circumstance...just a momma missing her baby.

This morning the chair I sit in to study is covered in parts of a broken dryer and the repair man is coming. I grab my stuff and go to the kitchen ready to take on the next devo. With the flick of a finger my notebook lights up and there sits an encouragement from a sweet friend.

Isn't it marvelous how God knows just what you need. And what I need is a day of reveling. No word to study...no thoughts to consider...just take time to be. I often tell my friend I never look back at my journal entries...what's the point? We have to move forward, right?

Revel means to take intense pleasure or satisfaction in...even a wild celebration. Maybe this is the key to a day of strengthening.

And so I give thanks
...for a text from my oldest at just the right time
...a friend who leaves me a college mom basket right on my desk
...a mentor who listens through my tears and gives me wise advice
...a sister who walks with me in the late evening even though she is tired
...encouraging words from a sweet friend

Moving forward and growing is a seasonal thing. A cycle of learning, repenting, growing paired with times of reveling. Today I wildly celebrate the one who created this cycle and knows just what I need.


No comments:

Post a Comment